Thursday 11 December 2014

Partnering Passion with Promotion

Wordle: Affilliate marketing


Affiliate marketing was an unknown term to me before I read the article.  I was part of the 14% of his readers who didn't know what it was and while these statistics are interesting they did not appear in my word cloud.  They were the lead in to the article and right away they engaged me and because he aimed the discussion at the 14% who didn't know what affiliate marketing was I knew I would benefit from the blog post.  Besides the obvious words of affiliate and marketing the key words to stand out were promote, publisher, readers, products, blogs, and trust,  This completely aligned with what I understood from the article.   The relationship between publishers and readers is built on trust.  I wish that trust had been more prominent in the word cloud because it is essential in the affiliate marketing.  Trust is what gives you the potential to earn more money but if the product is not great then you have the potential to lose your readers.  That trust takes time to build but is quick to dissolve and I think this is why only 29% of this blog's readers used affiliate marketing.  Other factors, like having a product that aligns with your blog, play a part in your ability to make money using affiliate marketing but trust is the key factor.

No comments:

Post a Comment