Monday 15 December 2014

Assignment C Reflection: A Safe Place

This is my first online marketing plan AND my first marketing class, so I definitely feel like I've dived right into the deep end.  No better way to learn, I guess!

I was hoping to apply my learnings to my work projects, but discovered they're more immediately relevant to my volunteer experience. My project was loosely inspired by a brand new volunteer campaign to build a new women's shelter - we've had one meeting so far.

Since both the volunteer organization, A Safe Place, and the marketing program are new to me, I felt that research was the most important component of the project. Without solid research, you cannot define your target audience or market share, which is the basis from which any tactics should be developed. Another learning was the importance of a multi-prong approach. An online ad does not replace the need for authentic, direct communication and community support to help build the brand and spread the word.

Follow Shannon's board EXSM on Pinterest.

No comments:

Post a Comment