Tuesday 2 December 2014

It's My Bathroom and I'll Tweet if I want to..



by Crystal Armstrong

I am a Mom so judge me if you will, but my bathroom is my sanctuary and my tablet is coming with me...


Don't Lie, You Use your Tablet in the Bathroom Too!

I work in social media and have 2 small children under the age of 7. As such, my day starts like this;
  • Wake up, 
  • Reach for my phone/tablet 
  • Head to the bathroom. 
  • Use my Tablet to catch up on local/world news.
  • Prepare the children for another morning filled with chaos..
The bathroom is the one place my children cannot bother me and as such, I catch up on: emails, social updates, post a few updates for my clients and sometimes, even catch an outtake of 'Jimmy Fallon, Lip Sinc battle'.It's only 6:30am and I already have 20 minutes logged on my tablet and I haven't left the bathroom yet! And I am not alone...

Data Usage

I would guess that my usage for the day from morning to night would be 10 hours/day. Which puts me under the American average:







What do I use it for?

Everything! It's not all in the 'office' though! Here is my estimate of a daily usage pattern.

Email - 10% of the time
Social Media Monitoring - 30% of the time
Social Media Posts - 30% of the time
YouTube - Listening to music on the way to work
Text - 2% of the time
Talking Photos - 4%

My Favorite way to use my Phone:

Personal: 20% of the time.on sites like: Pinterest, Shopping, Gossip sites, Cooking.

Prime Target for Mobile Marketing

It is safe to say that if you want to reach me and most of the world with a marketing campaign, ECommerce is how to do it! Here's why!



Conclusion:

Analyzing my mobile usage is a wake up call and I do need to cut back but, it isn't likely with my chosen profession. One thing is certain, I am NOT giving up my 'Office Usage.' Now...you will always wonder if I created this blog in the washroom!

6 comments:

  1. Totally agree! It is where I get much of my best work done! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Katherine! #TPSisters! Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never done this. Or dropped my phone in the bath. Nope. Not ever....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Crystal I love your tags and your title. I see that they helped you get way more views than any other post. Great learning for me. My other learning is that we all love our mobile devices in the bathroom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Katherine! I appreciate the feedback - I love the articles you have been posting on Twitter! I am in the home stretch with final project- tons still to refine! Fingers crossed we all get a good mark!

      Delete