Monday 15 December 2014

Assignment C - Blog Reflection about Online Marketing Campaign

During my work experience I have developed several Marketing Campaigns, but just one for online media. This is my second experience working in this kind of Marketing Campaign and I am still learning. I know this is just the beginning.

First of all, I should be honest, the template confused me a little, because it brought a lot of information but no concrete information, and when we have to develop digital strategies is really easy to lose the focus. I could suggest that deliver a Campaign Model could help as a guide for this activity. For this reason, I tried to do it on my way, but trying to accomplish the objectives for the assignment. Secondly, I think that the document that I submitted is just a draft for the real proposal, which would take more than 2 weeks (for beginners working alone). For example, my first online campaign took more than 1 month to obtain just the situation analysis, including analyze the target audience, competitors, among others. However, I think this activity gave to us a good view about what is an Online Marketing Campaign. I would like to have more time or more classes face to face to continue developing the campaign.

Found on blog.tempocreative.com
http://www.pinterest.com/pin/53902526762049417/
What I learnt from this assignment, or I should say what I confirmed, is that the measurables objectives are the key to develop a good strategy. If you do not know very clear what your goals are and how you can measure them, it will be really difficult to get success at the end of the campaign. 

About what I think should be always including in an online marketing campaign? I would say a strategy to attract Search Engines, this is really important to increase traffic to your website, in other way it is like if you does not exist. Also, I would mention the content strategy, not just for websites, specially for social media networks, if you do not offer interesting content to your audience, they will never be captivated by your brand, products or services. As Craig David said, Chief Creative at the known advertising agency J. Walter Thompson: "you need to stop interrupting what interests people and be what interests people".


No comments:

Post a Comment