Sunday 14 December 2014

Reflections

As a final application of what was shared in EXSM 5513 I was asked to prepare an Online Marketing Plan.  I developed a plan to fit the needs of the farm I own and assist in operating.  I was challenged to really critically think about the business side of the farm and what we really want to achieve.  I was also challenged to find out where online do middle-aged male farmers hangout? How do I reach and engage them.  I was a little surprised what a search of Twitter revealed! Farmers spend time on Twitter. My own research has led me to believe that this platform is a news and information source for the farming community.



In developing the plan I also noticed the many applications to my current position.  The organization I work for has a mandate to increase consumer awareness of it's brand and educate people about how to cook and use our product.  I know that I will absolutely apply the knowledge that was shared with me and use it to develop a  plan for my organization.  Lets hope it works so good I get a raise!

No comments:

Post a Comment