Tuesday 2 December 2014

Me and my mobile. Assignment B


My phone is just as important in my day as my pants.  Maybe more so...... 

When and Why do I use my mobile?

Depending on the time of day and my activity will determine my phone use.  When I am doing chores including feeding animals and hauling water my phone is tucked neatly into my cover-alls to avoid damage.  I will carry my phone but avoid using it when I am working with my horses.  One time a seemingly trained horse darted out from underneath while I was surfing Facebook.  lesson learned.

I will use my phone often during down time at work or boredom situations.  I will also use my phone more when I am travelling or eating alone.  I it is my theory that if I am on my phone I am not alone. I do not use my handheld while driving in traffic I have bluetooth. Wait do that count as using my mobile? 

What do I do with my phone?

I do not have one specific use for my phone.  I am most likely to surf social media platforms such as Facebook and Twitter.  I check my email 5-10 per day depending on how bored I am and I will check Facebook the same. My previous job and any time I travel especially in the winter I will frequent weather forecast apps, highway condition apps  I do not check my phone first thing in the morning or at night.  I first need coffee and I have a laptop. 

Shopping from my mobile device has been a hit and miss function for me.  I have not found the experience to be as pleasing as using a laptop or the store front.  If I am going to use a mobile device to buy it will be my Ipad. 

I travel and even live away from home 4-5 days per week.  My family and I rely on Facetime and Skype to stay in contact.  We can talk and text all day but it gives me a chance to say goodnight to my son and even kiss the screen. 

I have used U-tube on occasion but not enough to remember my username and password.  It was used predominantly for showcasing the horses I had trained and needed to sell.  I will watch U-tube videos but less likely on my Iphone but will watch on my Ipad on Wifi.

Pinterest is a platform I will use sporadically.  I never have enough follow through or time to take on any of those projects. 


Am I an Addict? 

Yes I am!! Am I any different from most of society? Nope.  I make an effort to disconnect to make sure my family has face time with me. I follow rules of etiquette despite what my mother-in-law says about me.  I am very conscious of what I post on Facebook.  I do not make large announcements unless it is already public knowledge, I do not post pictures or say things that can come back to haunt me.  I find this is really important. 


Do I need help? 

Depends who you ask! My aging family members chide me for being so connected but if anything I feel the need to keep up.  I see a world that has changed and we need to be adopting the technology and accepting it into our lives to stay current.  Knowing when to disconnect and remember the faces of those you love is important to stay in balance. 






No comments:

Post a Comment